Monday, September 16, 2013

Honey, belly dance, and browncoats

I read recently that taking a cup of hot water, 1 tsp of raw honey and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon half an hour before breakfast and right before bed is good for helping weight loss. Well, so far so good. I started last Tuesday and have shed 5 pounds. Hopefully that trend will continue, maybe not that fast, but it's still a promising start. I began belly dancing last week and am still practicing my old routines from California. I am also mowing our lawn - it's not that big, but it does take me an hour to complete and in Florida heat, that's a lot of activity once a week.

A couple of women I know have expressed an interest in belly dance, but want to take the class with me. I may consider teaching them the routines I know and maybe trying to choreograph a new one just for them. Have to see what they think and if it's a good idea. Don't think I would charge anything, since I've only been belly dancing for less that a year, but I would be teaching dance again, and they'd be getting some belly dance experience.

Today is Browncoat unification day! Down with the Alliance! I'm a proud Firefly fan and am happy to support anything Firefly. My husband wants to meet other browncoats in southwest Florida and start a movie night for Serenity. I think he really wants to start his own convention. That would be really cool. Ft Myers, Florida has a small convention center right on the Chattahoochee River and they want to bring in a hotel which would help bring in larger conventions. If we started a small one, eventually we could get more and bigger stars. It's worth looking into when the hubby returns from his African jaunt.