Monday, May 14, 2012

Avengers

I am now officially obsessed with the Avengers! We saw it twice - once on May 5th (sat so close we were practically in the screen) and then again on Friday May 11th. Wow. Totally wow. I have been a fan of Joss Whedon since I saw Firefly on the SciFi (now SyFy - but don't get me started on that) when I was pregnant with my daughter in 2005. This weekend Vic taught me how to edit with Premiere Pro and I spent all day Saturday and Sunday editing an Avengers video to a Nickelback song. There was a thing on Youtube on the avengersremix page where you can create your own video. To do it, you go to their page, use their videos and 4 songs from the movie, and create your own work. It's on their youtube page, not yours. I did two today (under my handle on Youtube: naturalave - please take a look!).

That was today. This weekend I created one 3 minute video using Nickelback's song When We Stand Together to create my work. I didn't know until Vic and I tried uploading it yesterday that Youtube has changed. The rules for copyright have gotten very strict and rather unwieldy. Anyway, take a look at my vid and I hope you will leave some feedback. Avengers Stand Together

So, I have gone to New York Video School and Studio Now and created profiles to both. Seems I have caught a bug of sorts and am getting back into my video background. It's fun and challenging and I think it'll be worth it. Since I have had so much video experience doing vids with Vic for Arthur Murray since 2004, and with my degree, it's actually more like I'm using that college education!

If you haven't seen the Avengers yet, go. If you like action movies, good ensemble casts, super heroes, or good storytelling, you will not be disappointed. It is the movie of the summer. I know we plan on going again, and I have heard that most people want to see it more than once. It is exciting and heartbreaking and thrilling, and wonderful. It is the movie of the year.