Saturday, November 12, 2011

What a wild and crazy time!

If you've wondered why I haven't posted a blog since September, it's because of two things - the 31 days of Halloween in October and now the NaNoWriMo - tho I am not doing as well as I'd hoped with that.

The 31 days of Halloween were a blast this year - Kira (my 6 year old daughter) wore some costumes for the last time. And we have added some new costumes to her trunk. She loves having 31 costumes to wear instead of one or two just for trick or treating! And all the different events we go to let her show off this craziness! If you would like to see photos, please head over to my Flickr album.

I did well at my first live show back in September - had some real interest in my items and ended up with a large order of greeting cards. That was cool! I have added my snowflakes back to my Etsy page - all of the ones I have made - I need more beads! I would have more jewelry on my site, but my silver findings are tarnishing much quicker than they should be and since once I've made an item it can sit around for awhile I need to find a way to protect it once it is finished to keep it from tarnishing.

This year I am participating NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writers Month - the goal is  50,000 words in 30 days. I am really behind on my word count. I haven't won NaNo since 2007, so I am out of practice. Even with a half decent idea, I get stuck. I read a shirt that said, "Writer's Block - when your imaginary friends won't talk to you." That's about where I am right now. I'll have to throw some craziness into my novel just to keep the word count up.

In my next blog I am considering a lesson in how to make a gift box out of plastic canvas. As soon as I work out the steps, I will post the lesson with photos. What a daunting task! I have been asked to sell directions to some of my pieces - so I think this is a good start.

Well, back to writing and creating more items for my shop!
Have a Happy Turkey Day! Gobble gobble