Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December Solstice

Happy Solstice! We're halfway to the spring equinox! (I'm an optimist) Only 4 days till Christmas, and all the craziness that comes with it.

I sent my snowflakes and small ornaments with my husband to the local flea market in hopes that they would sell and as a promotion for me. He's working a booth through January. So far, no sales. He says lots of attention, but no purchases. Apparently, everyone at the flea market is experiencing low sales this year, so maybe it's not a surprise that none of mine have sold.

I've been trying to think of something new to sell next month on my site, and I've got a few ideas. I am going to organize my wedding book and put that up for sale as a .pdf. I am going to continue my snowflakes through January, since they make really nice window decorations for the snowy months (or for the impression of snow here in Florida!). I am planning some hearts for Valentine's Day and some more boxes for January and February. I am still hoping to get all 12 made and offer them for sale. I may even put the calendar my daughter and I made for family up on etsy, just for fun. It turned out pretty nice!

This holiday is a tight one and we're hanging in there. As much as I love Christmas, I'm actually looking forward to the end of the season. Things are supposed to get better in January, so I'm hoping for that.

Happy Holidays!