Saturday, November 13, 2010

Holiday Ornaments


The first of the ornaments are now up on my Etsy page. I started making ornaments for my daughter and received so many complements and requests for them that I decided to start selling them. I am willing to offer them up as special order, meaning if there is an ornament someone would like in a color other than the colors in the image then I will create a special ornament.

So far I have made an elephant playing a drum (in honor of my brother, a drummer), a cat swinging on the moon, a gift boxed teddy bear, a pair of kittens in a basket, and a mailbox with a letter to Santa inside.

Hopefully I will be able to get some snowflake forms and make snowflakes this coming week. I made a dozen or so for Christmas a year or two ago and gave them as gifts. Again I was complemented on the pieces and was asked to make more. Unfortunately, I had trouble finding the ornament forms I needed. I found a supplier of them and plan to order them next week. They are very quick and easy to make, so I might even put kits together to sell, since they are fun to make.

On a different note, away from ornaments, I am contemplating selling costumes next year for Halloween. For two years in a row, my daughter has placed in a costume contest wearing a dress that I made for her. So maybe that's something I should add to my Etsy next August and September. Food for thought.