Tuesday, October 20, 2009

No new jewelry photos.

I was hoping to get some photos of my jewelry up on my etsy site, but that is going to have to wait four to six weeks. Kira pulled the camera out of my husband's hand at her birthday party and the lens jammed. So, we're down to the camcorders, and they don't take the best still photos. I'm doing the 31 days of Halloween with Kira, and it's difficult to take her photo when we have to go outside to get a decent shot. And when it's really cold and raining, tends to make her not want to get her picture taken! But she's a trooper. We're doing great on the costumes, and I have photos on my Facebook page.

Since my last blog, I saw Julie and Julia and it really made me think about this. Since the movie was about a woman blogging about cooking from Julia Childs' cookbook and the ups and downs in her life, I wondered what I could add to my blog or attempt over the course of the year. I haven't been making jewelry for long, so don't have anything to teach, but I was wondering if I made a piece of jewelry a day for a year if I could pull that off. But then I thought about the matierials I would need to buy. So, I think I'll have to hold off and start after Christmas maybe? I do plan to make some snowflakes like I did last year, so maybe I'll start with those. I want to put them on the site for sale, but that will depend on when the camera comes back.

And next month is National Novel Writers Month. I am going to do that again this year. I failed to reach the goal of 50,000 words last year since we went on a cruise with my father-in-law and his wife. I found that trying to write on a ship was rather difficult for me. I even had trouble reading! And when we returned from the cruise, I just couldn't get the story back, so let it go. But I have completed the challenge 3 times! So I'm up for number 4. I think.