Saturday, May 16, 2009

What's up

Had my wisdom teeth pulled on Friday, so I'll have to wait until my mouth is less sore before I get back into creating items for sale. All in all, I don't feel as bad as I thought I would. It does hurt, and I can't eat solid foods yet, but it isn't a constant ache. And the Hydrocodone does help.

I ordered some display stands for my jewelry to get better photos of sets. Hopefully they will be in soon so I can start putting up new photos. I'm going to need to get a lighting box, but that will have to wait a little while. I didn't get the stands I wanted because of cost, but when I've sold more jewelry I'll see about upgrading to those.

I had an idea to sell, but not sure if I want to make it offer it at Fey Fripperies or not. I'm thinking of selling rock cakes - they are an English pastry that my granny taught me to make. They have golden raisins, candied cherries, and mixed peel in them. I think I would offer them in packages of half a dozen and in two styles: loaded with all the ingredients and then without the mixed peel.

I'm wondering what places to start selling my jewelry - I don't have enough product yet to start selling at craft shows, but I might be able to start selling at flea markets and sell things we would sell at yard/garage sales. I'll have to start looking into setting up a table sometime soon.